At Moss Utilities we specialize in underground utility installations. Our project capabilities and experience include commercial, single-family residential, multi-family residential, and public works infrastructure projects all over the DFW Metroplex. While Moss Utilities was founded in 2016, the Moss family has a legacy in the utility construction industry in Dallas-Fort Worth dating back to the early 1900's. Come join the Moss Utilities journey and family legacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems
- Cut pipes to required lengths
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue
- Tap and drill holes into pipes to introduce auxiliary lines or devices
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials
- Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools
- Train others in pipe-laying techniques
- Other General Labor and construction related duties as required.
- Must be able to follow building plans or blueprints and instructions from supervisors, lay out the job, and work efficiently with the materials and tools of their trade.
- Must be physically fit to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions, including heavy lifting (in excess of 50 lbs.);
- The ability to comprehend and follow specific instructions;
- Interpersonal competencies that include a drive for results, the need for closure, effective oral communication skills, organization, planning, trust, respect, being dependable and cooperation.
- Ownership of all hand tools that are required to perform any the task contemplated.
- Good housekeeping skills.